CA Clarity Playbook
iPad app for enterprise strategic planning
I joined the Playbook project as lead designer just after a usability test identified critical usability issues with the initial design. I led the effort to redesign the entire app from the ground up and served as the interaction designer for the project. The redesign performed very well in follow-up usability testing, and the app was released close to the original target date.
I've continued to lead the design team and act as lead interaction designer for subsequent versions. My responsibilities include project management, planning and moderating usability tests, supervising team members, and providing feedback on the team's designs. I've designed several of the product's marquee features, including a set of executive dashboards and a gantt-style timeline. I'm currently driving the effort to revamp the app for iOS7.
The screenshots are from the iOS7 designs, which will be implemented as part of the v3 release. The visual comps were created by the team's visual designer, who is working under my creative direction.
- Collaborated with diverse team of stakeholders, product managers, and engineers to deliver a high-profile redesign in a very tight timeframe
- Led interaction design from sketched concepts to complete prototypes
- Worked with Agile development teams in Israel, India and the US to see designs through to implementation.
- Created high-fidelity mobile prototype in Axure, allowing the team to evaluate interactions on the iPad and iterate very rapidly.
- Planned and wrote test scripts for usability tests with internal and external users
- Provided project management, mentorship and design review to team of interaction and visual designers
- Axure RP
- Mac iOS Simulator
- Several icon libraries